We absolutely love our Iowa City Moms Blog Contributor Team, and we’re looking to add a few new writers to the mix! We’re looking for moms who have a passion for motherhood and the Iowa City/Corridor area! Whether you’re a first-time expectant mom, single mom, working mom, or stay-at-home mom, we’d love to hear from you! All interested mamas are encouraged to apply. We’d love to add some diverse local voices to our team, so we’d especially love to hear from you if you are a single mom, divorced, part of a blended family, an adoptive or foster parent, or have another unique parenting perspective. Iowa City also has a thriving international community, so we’d love to hear from you if you’re here from another country as well!
This is a volunteer position with LOTS of perks! Here’s the deal:
what you GIVE…
- 1-2 original posts per month on the topic of your choice (within the brand and mission of ICMB)
- A six month commitment
- Availability for in-person contributor meetings
- Availability and willingness to participate in and help with ICMB events
- A passion for moms, kids, and the Iowa City/Corridor area
- A reliable, positive, and fun personality!
what you GET…
- Your photo and bio on the Iowa City Moms Blog contributor page (with links to your personal blog and/or twitter handle if you choose to share them)
- Access to the ICMB Contributors Facebook group and other internal communications
- Opportunities to try out products and services from amazing local businesses
- Opportunities to participate in ICMB events and play dates
- New friendships and an amazing experience!
what you should DO…
- Send a writing sample and/or a link to your personal blog (If you have one! If not, just send a writing sample) to contact (at) iowacitymomsblog.com
- When you send your writing sample we’ll give you a questionnaire to fill out. Answer the questions and send it back.
- Make it all happen by Saturday, March 14th!