This summer may look different, but there are still opportunities to support our area farmers and get fresh produce and meat on your table. Just as in every area of our lives right now, the information listed below may change. Always check directly with the markets or vendors before finalizing your plans. Another great resource for up-to-date information is your local Quarantine Survival page on Facebook.
Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Iowa City Online Farmers Market is a partnership with the Iowa City Farmers Market and Field to Family. Iowa City is offering pre-orders using a drive-through pick up in the Chauncey Swan Ramp, 405 E. Washington St. Spots fill up quickly! In the fourth week of the market (May 30), over 3,200+ customers participated. Each week they have increased the number of carts in each pick-up window, but plan ahead to sign on early.
- Order online.
- Carts for the Online Farmers Market open on Tuesdays at noon and remain open until Wednesday at noon or until pick-up windows fill, whichever comes first.
- Contact-free curbside pick-up is on Saturdays at Chauncey Swan Parking Ramp. Enter the Robert A. Lee Rec Center parking lot from the east (turning right) off Burlington Street.
- Have a sign affixed to the right side of your windshield with your last name and where you want your order placed in your vehicle.
- In some situations, volunteers will need to speak to you about your order. Have a mask on hand so everyone can stay safe.
- Place orders online or by phone with the specific vendor. Customers should contact each vendor separately to place pre-orders or to see what products the vendor will have available at the market.
- For drive-through, enter from 7th Street on the east side of the Coralville Community Aquatic Center parking lot.
- For walk-up, park in the City Hall parking lot. The market will have queuing locations to help keep a distance of at least 6 ft. between people, as well as hand sanitizing stations. There will be a minimum of 6 ft. between vendor stalls.
- All walk-up customers are encouraged to wear a mask. Gloves are recommended when handling money. Touch-less payment methods are strongly encouraged.
Select Saturdays 7:30 a.m. – noon
Cedar Rapids is offering pre-orders using a drive-through pick up in partnership with Shop Where I Live. Drive-through markets will operate for the entire season with markets scheduled for July 4, July 18, August 1, August 15, September 5 and September 19.
- Order online.
- Drive-through entrance will be on the corner of Second Ave. and Sixth St. SE.
- Bring something to write with: when you enter, you will be handed a market map. Write the last name of the person who placed the order and the order number you were assigned after purchasing online.
Tuesdays 4-6 p.m.
- 3-6 weekly vendors with open spots for additional vendors (if you are interested, email [email protected]).
- Honey vendors and all sorts of fresh produce!
The market is currently not meeting in-person, visit the Facebook page for updates and vendor contact information.
Tuesdays 4-6 p.m.
West Branch is offering both pre-orders (direct through vendor) and a walk-up market at Heritage Square, located on Downey St.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask.
- Each vendor is spaced 6 ft. apart and has gloves and hand sanitizer.
- Customers are asked not to congregate before market opens at 4 p.m.
Wednesdays, 4 to 7 p.m.
- Located on Spencer Street.
- Patrons will need to stay in their vehicles until the market opens as to prevent clusters gathering unnecessarily.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask, whether a patron or vendor.
Area farmers with pick-up/delivery options
- 6 Acre Farms LLC
Eggs, weekly home delivery in Iowa City area on Saturdays.
- Bountiful Harvest
Vegetables, jams, and jellies, pre-order by Thursday and pick up at farm Saturdays 10-11:30 a.m.
- Calico Farm
Vegetables, pre-order by Thursday and pick up at farm Saturdays 9-11 a.m.
- Kroul Farms
Fruits, vegetables, and flowers, pick-up in farm shop.
- Miller Family Homestead
Beef, weekly home delivery within 25 mile radius on Saturdays; farm pick-up also available.
- O’Connell Organic Acres
Beef, pork, chicken, centralized pick-up in Iowa City (Parkview Church, contact farm for dates and hours).
- Wallace Farms
Beef, centralized pick-up in Iowa City (Dairy Queen, see website for dates and hours).
Notes about all Farmers Markets
You’ll notice each of our area farmers markets may be operating in different ways. To understand the decisions that influenced these changes, please note Iowa Governor Kim Reynold’s April 24, 2020 proclamation permitting farmers markets to begin limited operations:
- Only vendors who sell farmer products or food (no crafts).
- Entertainment/activities prohibited.
- Common seating prohibited.
- Vendor booths must be spaced so there is 6 ft. or more of empty space between neighboring booths.
- Reasonable measures to ensure social distancing and increased hygiene practices.
- Customers are strongly encouraged to engage in social distancing, wear a mask, practice good hygiene practices, and attend the market alone without other family members.