Welcome to Iowa City Moms guide to summer camps in the Iowa City area! When school is out for the summer, parents need a safe place for their kids to learn, explore, make memories, and try new things. Of course, kids just want to have fun! Luckily, everyone can get what they need when you find that perfect summer camp for your child. This guide features premier summer camp options brought to you by our local camp sponsors. (If you are interested in promoting your camp programs please email us. We’d love to talk to you!)
Discover some of the unique, challenging, and delightful summer camps that Iowa City has to offer. We hope you find just what you’re looking for!
WILLOWWIND SUMMER PROGRAM
- June 7 to August 6, 2021
- Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- BSP available beginning at 7:30 a.m. and ASP available until 6 p.m.
- Full-day and half-day options available for all ages.
- Daily temperature check and health questionnaire
- Campers and staff will be required to wear face masks (provided by families) at all times except when eating
- Students will eat outside when weather permits and will be socially distanced
- Co-horting strategies will be utilized to minimize cross interactions of groupings
- Limiting exposure at home and in the community
Willowwind’s 2021 Summer Program is packed with a wide range of exciting, hands-on experiences for students aged three through rising 6th grade.
Choose from an array of unique and captivating themes like fine arts, athletics, STEM, and outdoor adventure! Classes are organized into four multi-age groups: preschool (ages 3-5), kindergarten, first-second grade, and third-sixth grade. Small class sizes ensure students receive individual attention and can take an active role in their summer adventure.
Willowwind’s summer faculty are highly qualified educators, artists, and specialists in their field. We are delighted by the excellence of our summer faculty and their commitment to your child’s education. Finally, Willowwind’s safe, caring environment provides students with the opportunity to grow and learn socially, emotionally, and academically. We look forward to spending the summer with you!
- June 14 – June 18
- June 21 – June 25
- June 28 – July 2
- July 12 – July 16
- July 19 – July 23
- Campers will be required to wear masks while on campus except during lunch and swim.
- Activities will be designed to ensure social distancing.
- We will continue to monitor and adjust our COVID-19 policies based on the guidelines of the CDC.
Camp Scattergood provides campers with a day full of exciting outdoor activities! Our program engages campers in age-specific activities taught by professional teachers. We believe in the importance of both nature and community, which are incorporated into our programming.
Each day your camper can expect to swim in the pond, engage in imaginative play, grow their creativity through arts and crafts, and snack on farm-fresh organic produce. Camp Scattergood is located 5 minutes East of downtown West Branch and 20 minutes away from both Iowa City and Tipton.
VIRTUAL TECH CAMPS FROM ID TECH
- Camp dates: April to August
- Weeklong sessions available now in multiple time zones
- 5 consecutive days, Monday-Friday
Virtual Tech Camps are the perfect way for kids and teens to sharpen STEM skills and bond with new friends, all from the comfort of home. With the highest quality remote instruction on the planet, your child can unlock tech brilliance and create an exciting project.
Structured, weeklong sessions available now in multiple time zones (5 consecutive days, Monday-Friday) with the hottest curriculum in Python, Java, Minecraft, Roblox, Unity, Adobe, 3D modeling, and more.
Average of 5 students per instructor, blending personalized learning and time to socialize with new friends, with all of the magic of camp including games, challenges, and legendary iD traditions you can’t find anywhere else.
- June 7 to August 13
- 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Everyone entering the facility is required to wear a mask
- Children will be 6 ft. apart while eating