Over my last few years of reading, I’ve come across a lot of great, conversation-sparking books about the experience of motherhood that I’ve recommended or bought for friends over and over.
The books listed relate to the myriad facets of being a mom, from the funny to the informative, to the serious. They’ve helped start continuing conversations with my partner about how to balance the “mental load” at home, made my mom friends and I laugh until our sides hurt, and more.
Six Favorite Books About Motherhood
- Fair Play: A Game-Changing Solution for When You Have Too Much to Do (and More Life to Live)
- All the Rage: Mothers, Fathers, and the Myth of Equal Partnership
- Unfinished Business: Women Men Work Family
- Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool
- And Now We Have Everything: On Motherhood Before I Was Ready
What are some of your favorite books about motherhood?