Spring has spring — sort of. In the next few weeks, it should start to feel more springy in the midwest and with it comes plenty of opportunities to gather with friends and family to celebrate the spring season, including Easter events and special meals. Whether you’re looking for a take-and-bake or a brunch option, check out this guide to celebrating Easter in the Iowa City area.
Food+ Activities: Easter in the Iowa City Area
Iowa City Moms is proud to again host this event with our friends from The Bails Team Urban Acres Real Estate. Reserve a visit and the bunny mobile will stop outside your address and the Easter Bunny will wave, blow kisses, hop around, and leave a bag of eggs and goodies for your kids to enjoy! Only a few spots remain! Ticket sales end April 5.
Great 80-acre Easter Egg Hunt
Wilson’s Orchard & Farm
April 15, 16, and 17
10 a.m – 8 p.m.
This 4,000+ Easter Egg Hunt will start at 10:30 a.m. by age groups and an allergy-free hunt will be available, too. The Easter Bunny will be available, along with baby chicks, snacks, prizes, and more!
April 15, 16, 17
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- New-Pi Dinner or Brunch. Enjoy a lamb dinner or quiche meal with cinnamon rolls. This is a take-home meal option.
- Bread Garden. Several meal options are available for catering. Order online!
- Hyvee. You can order breakfast, brunch, or dinner meal options for Easter.
- Deluxe. Enjoy a variety of Easter and Passover sweet treats. From morning pastries to beautiful cakes and desserts.
- Vue Rooftop Brunch. Enjoy Easter Brunch with a view. Make a reservation. Prices are available for kids and adults.
- Iowa River Power Restaurant. Brunch is available each Sunday from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Reservations are recommended.