I’ve always loathed the part of winter that comes after the festive holiday season ends. I have a hard time focusing on anything besides the deep chill and long, dark days. But this year, I decided to try to stop wallowing about my dislike of the first couple months of the year and instead try to find the enjoyable and unique parts of the season. So, I pulled together a list of things that I appreciate about the winter that are specific to just this time of year. When I start to feel the gloom a bit, I look at this list and it helps a lot. If you have the same feelings I do, hopefully this list helps you as well or inspires you to make your own list.
- More warm, comfort meals and quiet nights in to binge TV
2. Celebrating Valentine’s Day and Galentine’s Day
3. Enjoying hot tea, frothy lattes, and red wine
4. Reading and taking warm baths
5. Leggings, sweaters, and boots
6. More time in the house to embrace my introverted side
7. More time in the house to focus on home organization projects
8. Attending basketball and hockey games and gymnastics meets
9. The specific bliss of getting to go on a warm-weather trip- it’s just not the same taking these vacations during warm parts of the year
10. The feeling of setting intentions for a fresh new year
Winter will never be my favorite, but when I think about it, there are some really great things about this time of the year that I can’t take advantage of during the other months. So, I’ll be spending as much time as I can before spring cuddling up with a delicious meal, in front of an addictive show, in my slippers, and in front of the fire.