Hallelujah, Summer is finally here! Whatever your summer plans looks like, here are a few Iowa City Area “Must Do’s” to add to your summer bucket list!
Parks and Outdoor Experiences
- Take a bike ride on the Woodpecker Single Track or Terry Trueblood Recreation Area
- Spend a day on the trails or the beach at Kent Park
- Rent a canoe or paddle boat at Lake Macbride Boat Rental
- Catch a moving at the Free Movie Series (various locations, Saturdays at 9:00)
- Take in a concert with Music on the Move (various Iowa City parks, Thursdays at 6:30 6/6-8/29)
- Enjoy music and great food at Blues and BBQ (North Liberty, July 8th)
- Small town fun at Solon Beef Days (Solon, July 22)
- Spend a day in play at the Iowa Children’s Museum
- Bowl a game at SpareMe
- Take in a movie at Film Scene
- Enjoy a show at the Coralville Performing Arts Center
Food and Snacks
- Get an ice cream cone at Heyn’s Ice Cream or Dan and Debbie’s Creamery
- Enjoy a cupcake at Scratch Cupcakery in Coralville
- Hunt down the Kona Ice or MooMoo Ice Cream Trucks
- Take a walk at Kent Park Storybook Trail.
- Find the giant wooden nickel outside of Iowa City. The World’s Largest!
- For older kids, explore the Plum Grove Historic Site
- Learn about history at the Herbert Hoover Historic Site
- Catch any of the many events in the North Liberty City Slate (all free!!)
The Iowa City Area has so much for summer fun! What else would you add?