The smell of fall fills the air and temps are not-so-slowly dropping. Even though fall allergies always had a way of taking up residence in my nose and eyes this time of year, I still LOVE fall time. I might even go as far as to say it is my FAVORITE time of year (but don’t let Spring know I said that)! When asked what my favorite thing about fall is, I usually respond with the cool, crisp air and the beauty of the changing leaves.
But deep down inside I do a secret little happy dance because fall means LONG pants. Yes, full-length, fleece-lined leggings are super-duper cozy, but that’s not what gets me excited for long pants. Long pants means no leg shaving! Yes, you read that right. NO SHAVING. Can I get an alleluia? No more shorts or swim suits requiring a hairless body to feel like people aren’t staring!
As a mother of a busy toddler with the attention span of a gnat, I’m lucky if I have time to take a quick shower that involves washing my hair. It’s definitely a luxury if I have time to add shaving my legs into the mix. I keep up as best I can below the knee during the summer, but I may or may not have ventured out of the house a few times with hairy knees (like Big Foot hairy). All I can say is, “thank you,” to whoever invented capris! And let’s not even talk about what was going on above the knee!
So, when the cooler weather arrives and I can comfortably wear full-length pants, I breathe a little sigh of relief and do my happy dance because I don’t have to shave my legs today. Or tomorrow. Or even the day after that. All I have to do is throw on some long pants and head out the door!
That being said, there are five occasions that do require a quick (or not so quick) shave:
- Any pre-planned event that requires a swim suit. I try to limit these activities in the winter because they usually require LAB shaving. LAB shaving stands for Legs, Arms, Bikini. The whole trifecta! And honestly, who has time for that?!
- Special occasions that require dressing up. During the fall/winter, I try to wear full-length dress pants when I can. But some occasions really do call for a dress or skirt. There are so many great maxi dresses/skirts available these days, but since I don’t own any, all my dresses and skirts require a quick little shave (at least below the knee).
- Vacation to a warm destination. Prolonged exposure to warm/hot temperatures requires the wearing of shorts.
- Planned doctor’s appointment. Yes, I’m one of those women who try to shave prior to being inspected by my doctor. Can’t really explain it, but I feel weird showing up with Big Foot like hairy legs.
- Anytime I just feel like it. Let’s face it, it’s nice to have a break from shaving, but there are times when even I get sick and tired of how hairy my legs can get and miss the smooth feel of a freshly shaved leg!
Who else is excited to take a little break from shaving? What other occasions do you think require freshly shaved legs?