I wanted to share one of my favorite dishes to cook for my family. I absolutely love to go to Red Lobster and Olive Garden for their Shrimp & Chicken Alfredo. My best friend and I decided that we would try to make it one day because we didn’t feel like going out. After we did this, we make almost every meal we want now! Haha!
Looking up a ton of different kinds of reviews, there was always something about each recipe that I just didn’t like. So I made this my own. Sometimes I like to add some Caribbean spices for fun!
I truly love to cook, and I know some of you do as well. I really hope some of you enjoy this meal as much as I do!
Creamy Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
Choice of meat – chicken or shrimp
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup of heavy cream
1 cup evaporated milk
½ cup of white wine
1 Tsp of flour
1 Tbsp of butter
Crushed red pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp oregano
½ tsp basil
1 tsp parsley
A sprinkle of Cajun seasoning if you dare
½ tsp olive oil
- Cut chicken in slices and season. Once seasoned, sauté on medium high heat until a little browned. Place into a bowl, covered.
- I only have one pot so I then clean it, and start with the next step.
- With stove on medium low, in a saucepan, add flour. After about a minute, add butter. Whisk. Allow to cook for another minute while periodically whisking.
- Gradually add evaporated milk while continually whisking to combine flour, milk, and butter. Allow this to cook until there are little bubbles. **Be sure that your heat is not too high. If it is, your milk WILL boil over and make a huge mess. Keep heat on low or medium low and be sure to pay attention.**
- Once it starts to lightly boil, gradually add in heavy cream & do the same: allow to cook until there are little light bubbles. Then add in your white wine. Allow them all to gradually boil and thicken while still whisking continuously.
- Once mixture has thickened a bit, add cream cheese. I like to slice the cream cheese so it melts easily.
- Once cream cheese has mostly melted, add seasonings and whisk to combine flavors.
- Don’t forget about your pasta! Boil water in a different pot & then add pasta once water starts to boil. Boil for 7-8 minutes until al dente.
- Back to the sauce. Now add your jerk sauce and whisk in until desired taste is met.
- Turn the heat off under the sauce and gradually add in as much cheese as you’d like. Use a spoon to stir in and mix together. Once done, this mixture will be thickened and creamy.
- Combine together or not, depending on what you’d like.